Guiding Your Journey
A typical Hospice journey begins with a prospective patient or family member calling Heart of Hospice for information. Early contact helps patients and families make informed decisions regarding future choices.
Heart of Hospice is the Columbia Gorge’s resource for information and support on aging, terminal illness, grief support and bereavement.
- Heart to Heart Newsletter Fall 2010
- Heart to Heart Newsletter Spring 2010
- Heart to Heart Newsletter Fall 2009
- Heart of Hospice Brochure
- Heart of Hospice Foundation Brochure
- Bereavement Program- Grief and Bereavement Support
- Comfort Care, Palliative Care Program- Easing the Suffering of Illness
- Books on Death, Dying & Grief for Adults
- Books on Death, Dying & Grief for Parents & Children
- Advance Directives for Oregon and Washington This will link you to the Oregon Hospice Association’s web page. From here you can download Advance Directives.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization Directory of hospice programs; general information; members; discussion groups.
- Oregon Hospice Association An organization specifically set up to advocate for the people of Oregon, and their end-of-life needs.
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine Position statements related to hospice and palliative care.
- American Hospice Foundation General information; helpful articles.
- Caring Connections Information on Hospice, including Advance Directives, from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. A collection of topics and information.
- Family Caregiver Alliance Great resources for caregivers. Fact Sheets and information on end-of-life preparations.
- Hard Choices for Loving People CPR, Artificial Feeding, Comfort Care and the Patient with a life-threatening illness.
- Hospice Foundation of America General information; information on workshops; materials.
- Hospice Net Resources for patients and families facing a life-threatening illness.
- PHYSICIANS- If you are a physician serving Hood River and/or Wasco counties and would like a free copy of the book Hospice Care—A Physician’s Guide, call our Medical Director or Executive Director at 541-386-1942 or 888-882-1942, or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP FORM:
The Heart-to-Heart newsletter is published quarterly. You can sign up for our newsletter online or by mail.